Additional Banking Services Offered by The Bank of Tioga
From ordering new checks to utilizing one of our notaries, The Bank of Tioga provides many additional services. We have a wide range of in-branch services to assist you with all of your banking needs.
We offer checks at a small fee for our clients. We offer very simple checks to college-branded checks. Once ordered, your checks will come in the mail within five to seven business days.
How do I order more checks?
To order more personal checks at The Bank of Tioga, visit Main Street Checks and input The Bank of Tioga's routing number (091310990) along with your account number. Then, you'll be asked for your "Control Number", a number located on your last book of checks along with the last four digits of your account number. You can view your recent orders and select "Actions" then "Reorder", to view check designs and pricing. Your most recently ordered checks will appear first and you can choose between singles and duplicates. Duplicates create a copy of the check within your checkbook for your record keeping. Please remember to double check your name, address and phone number before reordering more checks!
To order more checks for your business, please give us a call at 701-664-3388 and we can get those ordered for you.
What does it cost to order more checks?
Cost will depend on the number of checks you order and the style of checks you select. Check order charges are automatically deducted from your account on the date they are shipped. They will be shipped directly to your address and should arrive within five to seven business days. If you would like to check on the status of your check order you can call or stop by a branch and a Universal Banker can look that up for you.
You can also call The Bank of Tioga at 701-664-3388 or start a Live Chat session with one of our Universal Bankers to order additional checks.
You may still want a paper statement mailed to you. The Bank of Tioga offers paper statements on all checking and savings accounts. You will automatically receive a paper statement quarterly unless you enroll for eStatements.
Check images are free with paper statements and eStatements on all checking accounts, except for TBOT Checking. You will automatically receive a statement and check images once per month.
Safe Deposit Boxes
Various sizes of safe deposit boxes are available for rent. Renters are not required to have a bank account, however, a $5 discount is available for automatic billing from a The Bank of Tioga account.
The Bank of Tioga offers wire transfers for moving larger sums of money.
How do I make a wire transfer?
All The Bank of Tioga clients can make wire transfers by visiting a The Bank of Tioga location and filing out a wire form or using the form at the button below. The Bank of Tioga clients can also call to request a wire by calling 701-664-3388. If you are not a The Bank of Tioga client, you will not be able to make or receive a wire transfer.
Incoming Wire Form
What information do I need to make a wire transfer?
You must be considered an authorized signer on your The Bank of Tioga account and sufficiently prove your identity before a wire transfer will be authorized. You will also need to provide the information for the bank receiving the transfer. This includes the receiving bank’s name, address, routing number along with your account number and the name on the account.
What are the advantages of sending a wire?
When funds are deposited into an account via check, financial institutions must first validate the funds from the delivering bank. This process can take several business days, during which you may not have access to these funds. With a wire transfer, the funds are available immediately after the deposit is made into the receiving account. This is why The Bank of Tioga requires extra security measures to make a wire transfer.
What is a SWIFT code?
Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (SWIFT) is a unique code required by banks on an international wire transfer.
Is there a deadline for requesting wires?
All The Bank of Tioga outgoing domestic wire requests must be completed by 3:00 p.m. CST and all outgoing international wire requests must be completed by 1:00 p.m. CST in order to be processed the same day.
Is there a fee for wire transfers?
The outgoing domestic wire fee at The Bank of Tioga is $29.00. The outgoing international wire fee at The Bank of Tioga is $50.00. The Bank of Tioga does not charge a fee for incoming wires. You may need the routing number to order new checks, to setup an ACH or direct deposit.
What is The Bank of Tioga's Routing Number?
Our routing number is 091310990.
Please note, each bank has its own routing number. All The Bank of Tioga clients use the same The Bank of Tioga routing number but your account number is unique to you.
A cashier's check is a check certified by a bank employee's signature. This means the funds are guaranteed once the check is issued and a bank cannot refuse to pay it. Cashier's checks are available to clients after 30 days of new account opening and must be funded by a withdrawal from a deposit account. Fees for a cashier's check are 1% of the check total, with a minimum of $5 and a maximum of $20.
The Bank of Tioga has several notaries on staff and provide notarization free of charge.
What should I bring to a notary?
- Valid photo ID
- Document you wish to notarize
- Other individuals (with valid photo ID) who will be signing the document
CDARS® offers multiple benefits to investors who want to combine the security of access to FDIC insurance with the convenience of working directly with just one financial institution.
- Peace of Mind – Using the CDARS service, you can access multi-million-dollar FDIC insurance on CD investments.*
- One Relationship – You work directly with one financial institution.
- One Rate – You negotiate one interest rate per maturity on CD investments placed through CDARS. With CDARS, there is no need to negotiate multiple rates or manually tally disbursements for each CD.
- One Statement – You receive one regular statement detailing your CD investments. You no longer need to manually consolidate statements at the end of each month, quarter or year.
- No Hidden Fees – You will not be charged annual fees, subscription fees or transaction fees for using CDARS. The rate you see is the rate you get.
- No Ongoing Collateralization – CDARS deposits are eligible for FDIC protection, so you may not need to continually collateralize your deposits. This can eliminate the time-consuming task of tracking and changing collateral values on a recurring basis.
- A Wide Variety of Maturities – You can select from various maturities — ranging from four weeks to five years — and choose the terms that best suit your investment needs.
- Community Investment – Your funds can support lending initiatives, including special development projects that strengthen your local community.1
Insured Cash Sweep
ICS stands for Insured Cash Sweep. It is a program similar to CDARS that allows individuals and businesses to access FDIC insurance coverage on deposits that exceed the insurance limit. Like CDARS, the funds are divided into smaller amounts and placed in deposit accounts at multiple banks that are members of the program. However, unlike CDARS, ICS also allows for the funds to be withdrawn in a flexible manner, similar to a traditional checking account.
- Peace of Mind – Using the ICS service, you can access multi-million-dollar FDIC insurance on Money Market accounts.*
- One Relationship – You work directly with one financial institution.
- One Statement – You receive one regular statement detailing your Money Market investments. You no longer need to manually consolidate statements at the end of each month, quarter, or year.
- One Rate- Rate will be negotiated at time of deposit into ICS, and can periodically be re-negotiated.
- No Hidden Fees – You will not be charged annual fees, subscription fees or transaction fees for using ICS. The rate you see is the rate you get.
- No Ongoing Collateralization – ICS deposits are eligible for FDIC protection, so you may not need to continually collateralize your deposits. This can eliminate the time-consuming task of tracking and changing collateral values on a recurring basis.
- Simplicity- Much like any Money Market you have access to funds at any time. **
- Community Investment – Your funds can support lending initiatives, including special development projects that strengthen your local community.2
**Timing of request may determine same day or next day receipt of funds.
How can I learn more about these services?
We hope you utilize these additional services that The Bank of Tioga can provide. If you’re interested in learning more about any of these services at The Bank of Tioga, simply contact us via phone, email, Live Chat or in-person.
DO MORE with your money at The Bank of Tioga
At The Bank of Tioga, we IGNITE PROSPERITY® by helping our clients do more with their money. Whether it’s saving a little extra cash each month or accomplishing a long-term strategy, our goal is to help you transform your financial life. Call and schedule an appointment today, one of our team members would love to help you do more with your money at The Bank of Tioga. The Bank of Tioga has two locations in North Dakota. For more information visit thebankoftioga.com or call 701-664-3388. #igniteprosperity